Home :: Resume
No more U.S. Permanent Resident, 2015 become citizen. Hooray!
- Professional experience in software development since 1999 (17 years).
- 10 years experience in software development for Nuclear Power Plants in Russia (*includes one and half years as intern).
- Strong knowledge of C++, Qt4, Linux, multi-threading, Inter Process Communication (IPC), C, SQL, TCP/IP and Object Pascal.
Currently I am not looking for a job.
February 2014 – present
- Developing C++ head-end side applications for in-flight entertainment
Lead Engineer, LiveMagic, CA
June 2012 – February 2014
- Developed C++ server side video streaming web application:
supports mp4, Adaptive Bitrate (ABR), HTTP Live Streaming (HLS).
- Application in C++ for realtime 24/7 video transcoding and feature extractions:
audio-finger prints (AFP), video-finger prints (VFP), close
- Made the prototype for Video Finger Print (VFP) Demo iOS
- Ported Python audiofinger print (AFP) server to C++
- Investigated and wrote prototype audiofinger print (AFP)
server using Redis database
Development Engineer, Technicolor, CA
September 2009 – June 2012
- Extended GUI part of C++/Qt4 Tiger Blu-ray H.264 encoder application to Tiger 3D MVC (multi-view video coding) encoder on Linux (with this software our team released world fist 3D (stereoscopic) BluRay disc Monsters vs. Aliens).
- Wrote GUI C++/Qt4 standalone application for video-preprocessing using Tiger 3D framework.
- Developed GUI C++/Qt4 batch video-encoding application using Tiger 3D framework.
- Developing C++/Qt4/SDL/OpenGL application for 3D (stereoscopic) subtitle placement.
- Developing C++/Qt4/SDL/OpenGL application for certification 3D (stereoscopic) video content.
Software Developer, ArrLuk Software Inc., IL
August 2008 – March 2009
- Developed multi-thread, multi-process acceleration software for Internet (ArrNetwork) on Lazarus (Object Pascal), that uses compression technologies for HTML, HTTP, images and video.
- Built Ethernet layer, ARP layer and part of IP layer of TCP/IP stack.
- Ported proxy part of ArrNetwork to Android platform.
- Developed application for benchmarking of 10 different compression algorithms.
June 1999 – April 2008
- Developed C++ Qt4 GUI application for Monitoring of Intact Fuel Rods on Linux using MySQL database.
- Built on C++ server side application on Linux for Monitoring of Intact Fuel Rods.
- Developed and deployed a backup system for MySQL database for Monitoring of Intact Fuel Rods on Bash.
- Developed software part of system for checking and tuning Nuclear Power Plant Reactor Protection Control System.
- Coded real-time, multi-thread computer modeling objects for computer-aided design system.
- Wrote calibration software for about 40 devices designed in
Engineering Center of MEPhI (for example current driver, voltage
driver, frequency driver, high voltage driver, digital
voltmeter, digital ammeter and digital ohmmeter) on C++/Qt4.
- Wrote emulation software for about 10 devices designed in Engineering Center of MEPhI and devices and subsystems of Nuclear Power Plans (for example devices of Reactor Protection Control System and Monitoring of Intact Fuel Rods) on C++.
- Wrote terminal software for RS-232 and RS-485.
- Coded project “Nuclear Reactor Subcriticality Control System”.
- Developed on C/C++ Embedded Linux drivers for the project “Utilities Commercial Bookkeeping Computerized System”.
- Wrote on C/C++/Bash CGI scripts for Embedded Linux device for the project “Utilities Commercial Bookkeeping Computerized System”.
- Built backup system on C/C++/Bash for Embedded Linux device for the project “Utilities Commercial Bookkeeping Computerized System”.
- Developed 3D graphic engine for Stepped Stimulation the Engagement Operations using Direct3D.
- Developed the automobile motion modeling for Stepped Stimulation the Engagement Operations.
- Developed the user interface for Stepped Stimulation the Engagement Operations.
- Created four calibration GUI applications for hardware designed in Engineering Center of MEPhI.
- Engineered and designed for the company site in Perl on Apache.
Also I have some personal projects
- multi-platform (Windows XP, Linux)
C++/Qt4/ALSA/PulseAudio/DirectSound application for tuning
musical instruments http://code.google.com/p/mustune/.
- C++ video lesson on YouTube http://code.google.com/p/cplusplus-lessons/.
- Multi-platform (Windows XP, Linux) C++/Qt4/OpenGL/OpenAL
- Series of video-clips “SpeedProgramming” on YouTube, I show
process of writing different games: Tetris, Snake, Breakout and
Asteroids in 10 minutes http://code.google.com/p/speedprogramming/.
- C++/Qt4/SQLite application for personal monitoring of consumption of food substances for Windows XP and Windows Mobile.
- small C++/Qt4 application for converting US units to SI and SI units to US.
- small C++/Qt4 application that helps to learn English language.
- small C++/Qt4 application for learning FL and CA DMV rules and signs.
Language: C++, C, SQL, Object Pascal, Bash, XML, HTML
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Embedded Linux
Database Server: MySQL, SQLite, Interbase, Paradox
Frameworks: Qt4, VCL (visual component library)
Techniques: OOP (object-oriented programming), networking, multi-processing/multi-threading synchronization, Socket, IPC
M.S. in Physics and Engineering Moscow
Engineering Physics Institute (State University), Moscow, Russia
1993 – 1999
Honors and Awards
Grand Prix of Technicolor engineering award with cash bonus for
Tiger 3D (MVC video encoder), CA
Home :: Resume